unique YOU® is a substance abuse prevention program for 3rd and 4th graders. The primary goal of the program is to develop and nurture each child’s sense of uniqueness and self-worth. It further enhances the protective and resiliency factors of children by teaching them appropriate ways for dealing with feelings; steps for making decisions; and skills for healthy living, effective group interactions, and resisting drugs, as provided through the program’s “no use” message. The program is administered by experienced facilitators through eight 50- to 60-minute group sessions, which are designed to be enjoyable for children and include a variety of hands-on activities.
To become a trained facilitator, an individual with group leadership experience (e.g., a teacher, youth leader, counselor, prevention specialist) is recommended to complete a 2-day training. unique YOU® has been implemented with both universal and at-risk populations in school classrooms and in after-school settings as well as with youth groups (e.g., clubs, Scouts). Progam is available in English and Spanish.
For more details about the curriculum please click here.
Click here to download a sample from unique YOU®.
- unique YOU® manual (includes CD-ROM with student worksheets) – $299
- Student workbook- (on CD) $19.99
- 1 Day Facilitator training – $4,000 plus trainer travel related expenses (10 person minimum, 24 maximum)
- 2 Day Training of Trainers- $8,500 plus trainer travel related expenses (10 person minimum, 24 maximum)
- Technical assistance available- contact for details(Manual and training available in both English and Spanish)
Please choose from the following:
For more information or questions, contact us at 704-375-3784.